Why is my credit score (629) poor??? My bills have have been paid off for years!
I don't understand why my credit score is so low. I have had two car loans in the past which were paid in full with no late payments (the last pymt was made in 2008). I've had a credit card with one late payment that I paid in full and closed, but that ended in 2003. I went to court for a medical bill that should have been covered by my insurance, and at court, the CA said it would withdraw the the claim because the insurance company agreed to pay the charge, and in fact did so. I'm assuming that this is the derogatory remark on my account, since I am aware of no others. Credit Karma doesn't name the account.

I have no outstanding debt, no credit cards, so why is my score so poor and what can I do to improve it? I need to buy a new car and would like to buy a house in the next few years. Please help!!!