Question

cldowers

Why is Credit Karma's credit simulator usually wong?
I've followed the credit simulator's advice twice now and both times my score went lower rather than higher as it had suggested.

First it said that if I were to open a new card that my score would go up. Instead after opening a new card, the average length of time per account dropped down and my score went down.

Second it said that if I were to have a credit limit increase that my score would go up. Instead it decreased even further.

During this time I've never missed a payment/made a payment late, kept balances relatively low, didn't have any negatives added to my report.