Question

Yazzyyaz91

why does applying for a new credit card make my credit increase?
My credit score was very high about 3 months ago. It was over 700 .. although now it is very low. I was offered a credit card but did not want to put in an application because i thought it would decrease my score even more. But when i checked in the credit stimulator it actually makes my score higher.. why ?? is this true ? Do you recommed i apply for this credit card ?

Most Helpful Response

tell us the card and we can help guide you even more.......as far as helping your score YES it does you take a small hit for inquiry but after 6 months that drop goes away and as long as you make minimum payment your on time payment goes up and keeping utilization under 20% is ideal for greater effect.......also has to deal with # of accounts and credit mix.........etc etc etc to much for me to type out at 2am

If the card is a good deal, take the small hit now and your scores will improve over time, probably increasing past your original 700 score. To review all cards side-by-side, visit www.creditcards.org or www.bankrate.com.