Question

mhscott

Why did my credit score not recover after removing a false derogatory mark?
I had a score of 730. A derogatory mark was placed on my TU file showing a account in collections. My score dropped to 630. This mark was totally false and not me, luckily I saw the activity on CK or I would not have known about it. I was able to get it immediately removed, however my score only recovered to 698, with all the rest of my credit profile being the same as before. The same happened with my FICO score. What happened to the other 32 points? Anyone got any idea or suggestions of what I can do about it? Would like to mention that this goes to show that you HAVE to monitor your credit report very closely and that Credit Karma is one the great tools for doing this!