Question

WSPNACHO

why did my credit lose 4 points if i am paying loans on time? No CCs at all
I only have 2 student loans. One Federal and One Private. I have been making my payments on time and over the last month and a half my credit score has been going up. Last week my credit score went down 4 points. Why?? Is it because I don't have credit cards too.

Most Helpful Response

Reply

Yes. To have the best credit score, you need to demonstrate good payment history on both installment loans (like student loans) and revolving loans ( credit cards). When you first open a credit card, your score may briefly drop due to an inquiry and a new account. But it will go up after a few months.