Question

majesty4eva

Why are my student loans making my score low when I'm still in school and they aren't due yet?
It's the only think on my credit report as I've never had any credit cards. I have one hard inquiry but I don't know what it's for. My student loans aren't due yet because I'm still in school so why is my score low?

The woes of student loans.

The major difference between student loans and other loans is that student loans remain a debt that MUST be paid, no matter how long it takes.  They will not fall off after 7 years and cannot be discharged in bankruptcy, so they are going to be a pain in your credit score until they are paid or resolved in some fashion.  Been there.