Question

kittslindsey

Why are my payments being reported late? No loan application on file?
(To back track a little for better understanding) Almost a year ago I fell behind on my truck payment (divorce issues). Almost 8 days before repossession I caught the payment up to less than 1 month behind. From then on I have been paying the regular monthly payment plus 20 dollars to get caught up. Now, several months later, I have been informed that the Credit Union has been reporting my payments late for the PAST 10 MONTHS!

First let me say, if I had known this I would have caught it up immediately. From the start I was informed that as long as I made my monthly payment on or before the due date that it would not be reported late on my credit report. (Keeping me within the 30 day grace period)

My other issue and confusion: Now that I have been informed of this I need to get down to the bottom of things. BUT They refuse to send me my payment history or my loan agreement because they do not have my application on file OR my drivers license and social security card?????

Get proof of your payments from your bank (or however you've been paying).  This proof needs to show that your account has been paid on time for the last few months.  Send copies of that to the creditor and the credit bureaus and tell them to remove the late payments that are not correct.  Late payments hurt your credit score for 2 years.  If any late payments are older than 2 years, don't sweat it, they are not affecting your score.  Are they requesting that you send a copy of your DL & SS card in order to send you payment history?  If so, that is totally acceptable and it is to protect your privacy.  Send them copies and they'll send you the history.  Best of luck.