Question

ElroyJohnson

Why am I getting credit declined letters for credit I never applied for?
In the last six months I have gotten "card declined" from (1) a card I already have (reason: you already have this card - four times), (2) a wireless phone company I have never done business with (my last name was misspelled, but first and middle name were correct). I'm computer savvy and have changed passwords, but I'm worried someone has my basic info and is applying for cards and phones. Fortunately, they are getting refused and I get the rejection letter at my address. I do not see credit inquiries from these companies, but I do see some from AT&T, which I do not do business with. Any advice?

Most Helpful Response

The biggest factor is that it is

ruining your credit...  Someone is appling in your name, Getting declined and it goes against your credit history.

Contact all 3 of the Credit Bureaus, Ask to put a Fraud alert on your account.  That way, The only way anyone will get access to your credit report is with your prior approval. 

Google it for more info on how to do this.