Question

kjrst9

Who is SageStream and why is my score so low?!
I was recently denied a credit card, and when the "explanation" came in the mail it advised me that my credit score from SageStream LLC was 426. FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX.

Now, I happen to know my credit scores from all three companies, and it is just above 800.

Who are these people and should I be concerned!? A 426 completely freaks me out.

Shocking

I came across this as well recently and looking into it has only risen more questions of when, who has been notified of this new "credit bureau", how did they come about? I got the who is reporting and that's annoying because "what if?" starts being asked such as, what if I chewed them out for their mistake and got a discount out of it, how is that to be reported?

Most Helpful Response

Funny, but I just put "Sage Stream" into my Google search and found it is another credit reporting agency.  I didn't know they existed, either.  Why your credit score with them depends on what information they have (each bureau gets different information from different entities) and how they calculate the score (which is their choice and there are numerous different ways of doing this).  Yopu should be able to get a copy of their credit report since they claim to follow FDCPA guidlines and THOSE rules give you the right to have this information.

USPVTEYE

Enter Your Reply:fILE A COMPLAINT AND REPORT AT RIP OFF.COM.

sage stream, llc"IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD. sUSPECT OF REPORTING LOW SCORES TO LET CERTAIN BANKS CHARGE MORE INTEREST, MAYBE GETTING A PAY OFF, WHO KNOWS, THE FEDS WILL GET THEM, LOT OF COMPLAINTS ON  INTERNET.

Denied because of my phone

I have no idea what this company is but I have good credit and they gave me a 406 out or 999? Oh and the reason for not letting me get an Utla mackup credit card......

*Inquiries did not adversely affect the score

*Type of phone

Yes! It said I was denied for the reason "Type of phone"! What does that even mean?!

Low score with SageStream!

I recently went to purchase a new car. I was approved by a few banks, but we couldn't make a deal on my trade-in so I walked away. Today, I received a letter from Ally Financial telling they didn't approve my loan... odd? My Experian score is 741, but my Dage score is only 427 out of a possible 999. WTF? They don't have online service available you must snail-mail them a letter and several forms of ID. I don't trust these people and I'm not sending them anything. 

Low credit score with Sagestream

I also recently applied for a credit card (with Virgin America), and was denied due to a low credit score of 461 from Sagestream LLC. According to CreditKarma, I have excellent scores from both Transunion and Equifax, so am concerned and not sure who to believe...

Agreed

I also got a score of 455 with SageStream. I have over a 700 score with all other companys...