Question

kjrst9

Who is SageStream and why is my score so low?!
I was recently denied a credit card, and when the "explanation" came in the mail it advised me that my credit score from SageStream LLC was 426. FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX.

Now, I happen to know my credit scores from all three companies, and it is just above 800.

Who are these people and should I be concerned!? A 426 completely freaks me out.

SageStream, LLC

The only way this company is going to be stopped is for people to file a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  SageStream should not be allowed to require personal, protected information in order to get a copy of your consumer credit report.  I WILL NOT send a hard copy of my social security card, birth certificate, drivers license, etc to ANYONE especially a company I have never heard of until today.  There is a 200 point desparity with Sage Stream and other agencies.  Please, if you see this and have had any dealings with them, file a formal complaint..

Low score with SageStream!

I recently went to purchase a new car. I was approved by a few banks, but we couldn't make a deal on my trade-in so I walked away. Today, I received a letter from Ally Financial telling they didn't approve my loan... odd? My Experian score is 741, but my Dage score is only 427 out of a possible 999. WTF? They don't have online service available you must snail-mail them a letter and several forms of ID. I don't trust these people and I'm not sending them anything. 

eastcoastal

I find this very interesting.  On May 5th I bought a new vehicle.  My trade in was financed by Ally.  The other day I recevied a denial letter from Ally.  My TU was 699, my FICO was 716.  SageStream?  529.  Are you freaking kidding me?  After seeing these comments, I am moving forward with my formal complaint.

scam

I just received a letter from sage stream sayin my credit was denied from sprint.  First I never applied to sprint for anything. Second the proprietary credit they gave me was 1502. But the say the credit score ranges from 1 - 999. The main reason for denying my credit is " Unable to Verify Identity 

My thought is Sage Stream is a spam company trying to get your information to use steal your identity 

mzelaine

probably from Russia!!! Never heard about them b4 either!! Your Reply

Shocking

I came across this as well recently and looking into it has only risen more questions of when, who has been notified of this new "credit bureau", how did they come about? I got the who is reporting and that's annoying because "what if?" starts being asked such as, what if I chewed them out for their mistake and got a discount out of it, how is that to be reported?

Denied because of my phone

I have no idea what this company is but I have good credit and they gave me a 406 out or 999? Oh and the reason for not letting me get an Utla mackup credit card......

*Inquiries did not adversely affect the score

*Type of phone

Yes! It said I was denied for the reason "Type of phone"! What does that even mean?!

Funny, but I just put "Sage Stream" into my Google search and found it is another credit reporting agency.  I didn't know they existed, either.  Why your credit score with them depends on what information they have (each bureau gets different information from different entities) and how they calculate the score (which is their choice and there are numerous different ways of doing this).  Yopu should be able to get a copy of their credit report since they claim to follow FDCPA guidlines and THOSE rules give you the right to have this information.

USPVTEYE

Enter Your Reply:fILE A COMPLAINT AND REPORT AT RIP OFF.COM.

sage stream, llc"IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD. sUSPECT OF REPORTING LOW SCORES TO LET CERTAIN BANKS CHARGE MORE INTEREST, MAYBE GETTING A PAY OFF, WHO KNOWS, THE FEDS WILL GET THEM, LOT OF COMPLAINTS ON  INTERNET.

SageScam

SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! SCAM ALERT! 

I have 820's with the 3 real credit agencies, and this ScamStream comes along and says 680, loan denied for:

Limited history

Trades too low (WTF did I trade and for what?)

Too few accounts (I have 12+)

Limited history at this phone (I have 2 #'s, one 15 years, other 25+ years)

Denied loan was Ally Bank, which may also be a scam.

REPORT THIS SCAM IF YOU READ THIS! Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and'or your local BBB and state agency.

Low credit score with Sagestream

I also recently applied for a credit card (with Virgin America), and was denied due to a low credit score of 461 from Sagestream LLC. According to CreditKarma, I have excellent scores from both Transunion and Equifax, so am concerned and not sure who to believe...

Credit score

Thats exactly what they said mine is, 426. I know mine isnt 426 either. This is crazy. Ice never heard of sagestream before.

Agreed

I also got a score of 455 with SageStream. I have over a 700 score with all other companys...