Question

kjrst9

Who is SageStream and why is my score so low?!
I was recently denied a credit card, and when the "explanation" came in the mail it advised me that my credit score from SageStream LLC was 426. FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX.

Now, I happen to know my credit scores from all three companies, and it is just above 800.

Who are these people and should I be concerned!? A 426 completely freaks me out.

Most Helpful Response

Funny, but I just put "Sage Stream" into my Google search and found it is another credit reporting agency.  I didn't know they existed, either.  Why your credit score with them depends on what information they have (each bureau gets different information from different entities) and how they calculate the score (which is their choice and there are numerous different ways of doing this).  Yopu should be able to get a copy of their credit report since they claim to follow FDCPA guidlines and THOSE rules give you the right to have this information.

USPVTEYE

Enter Your Reply:fILE A COMPLAINT AND REPORT AT RIP OFF.COM.

sage stream, llc"IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD. sUSPECT OF REPORTING LOW SCORES TO LET CERTAIN BANKS CHARGE MORE INTEREST, MAYBE GETTING A PAY OFF, WHO KNOWS, THE FEDS WILL GET THEM, LOT OF COMPLAINTS ON  INTERNET.

Agreed

I also got a score of 455 with SageStream. I have over a 700 score with all other companys...

Low credit score with Sagestream

I also recently applied for a credit card (with Virgin America), and was denied due to a low credit score of 461 from Sagestream LLC. According to CreditKarma, I have excellent scores from both Transunion and Equifax, so am concerned and not sure who to believe...