Who do I pay? The person who has the judgement on me or the collection comp?
I was sued for an electric bill in 2007. Since then I have disputed my credit report and all 3 credit bureaus removed the collection company that has the judgement. I called the electric company to pay this bill and they said try the collection company and pay them. If they tell you to pay us then just call our billing office. I called the collection company (the company that was removed from my report) to pay this bill and they said yep you need to pay us in order for it to be removed and show satisfied. The amount that they are telling me I owe is over double what is listed on my report. They claim its all interest. Since this collection company has been removed from my report do I still have to pay them the bill and all of this interest or can I just call the electric company and pay them?