Question

Cheesetree

when should I reapply 3rd application rejection from chase after two approve in a month
I got instant approved Chase Sapphire (June 20 $5,000) and pending Chase Unlimited but got approved after letter reconsideration. (June 26 $4,500).
I applied Chase Hyatt July 1st and it was pending. after 3days later, I called reconsideration dept, he said it seems denied. He asked many questions and tried to get me approve, but he said it is still denied because I opened two accounts in a short time period. (another hard inquiry on TransUnion because they used Equifax for those two cards above).
I got letter after few days later (Jul, 5th) the reason was same.
I have credit score 743 TU , 734 EQ 2% Utilization, 100% on time payment etc.
Everythings are excellent but Credit history is 1yr 6mo (longest one is 2yr)
I think only the reason why I got denied is applied 3 times in a month.
So.. can I reapply same card after 30 days? (August 1st) or should I wait more longer? Does anyone has same experience?
I'm planning to go Las Vegas on September so I would like to be a Mlife gold member. please help me!

Most Helpful Response

STOP APPLYING!

Things are not going to change in a month and always use the preapproval tool on the Chase website to see if you are qualified for a card before applying. Chase has a rule that you cannot have more than 5 new accounts in the past year, have you opened 5 new accounts in the past year? Also, they may only be willing to issue so much credit to one individual and you may already be at that limit. As said, stop applying, you are only going to continue to hurt yourself with hard inquiries. Slow down, do some reading and take a break for a while from applying for credit.

Cheesetree

I have only capital one credit card (25month ago) before I got those two.

I know Chase bank made 5/24 rules few month ago, so I have only two credit cards in past two years. Do you think I still need to stop and when more than 6 month? I was planning to reapply on August 1st which is 30days after my last application.

Mlife gold member

If I get Hayatt (platinum) they have matching tier with Mlife gold member (skip check in line , buffet , free room upgraid, and more). Just letting you know and don't get confused please that I'm trying to get Chase Hyatt not mlife credit card)