Question

Zreik075

When is it time to apply for a second credit card?
My credit score is a 683. I have a cap one journey card with a limit of $1,000. When is it time to apply for a second card?

Most Helpful Response

My exact Experian score when I applied for additional cards (this month), after 2 1/2 years excellent standing with the first card. In order to graduate to higher scores and get better rewards cards I understand it is necessary to start proving yourself with additional cards and lowering your utilization rate by having a higher total available credit amount. I was afraid of rejection, but I had 2 instant approvals and one 7-10 day wait (still don't know the result on that one).

Now.  You have a pretty good score.  Once you get a new card your score will drop a bit, but as you make payments it will increase above 683.  Always keep a balance of 1-3% of your credit limit on your card(s) and your score will soar!  Best of luck!