Question

MSN2015

When (if ever) can I re-apply for the same credit card I had in that past that went to collection?
I spent years trying to pay off my debts (credit card, auto, and student loan), but ultimately I had to en-roll in a debt forgiveness program to settle my debts, so I could go to graduate school. One of the credit cards I had (that I absolutely loved) was the Upromise MasterCard which applied my cash back directly to my student loan payment every month. Unfortunately, this had to go to charge of/collection when I enrolled in the debt forgiveness program. Now that I am finished graduate school and gainfully employed, I would love to re-apply for this card, especially since my student loan payments are higher than ever. How long do I have to wait to re-apply for the same credit card I had in the past that went to collections? Will I ever be approved again by that creditor?