Question

Smorgan0000

What will happen when my student loan garnishment is paid off?
My wages were garnished for a student loan. The last garnishment payment is coming up and I'm wondering what will happen to my credit when that garnishment is complete. Right now it is listed as default and showing up in "collections" on my credit report - but after than last payment is made, what will happen to my credit report and score?

That account will still show for 7 years, though there will be a notation of it's payment on your credit reports.  If you haven't already read the articles on this site, I suggest taking the time to do so. It is informaqtion that will benefit you for the rest of your life.

Smorgan0000

Thank you!! I am aware that it will be on there dr seven years - 9 was mainly asking, can I expect my score to go up, now that I have paid off that 20k debt (through garnishment)?