What should I do? 2 Open accounts; 2 Closed accounts. Credit Repair
I screwed up my credit a few years ago and I would like to raise my credit score.
According to my credit report, I have 2 open accounts and 2 closed.
All 4 accounts were opened in 2010 or longer.

1. Portfolio Recovery A
Factoring Company Account (Debt Buyer)
Current/Original Balance: $8** (Collections)
Date Opened Feb 2014
Date Reported Nov 2014
-Credit Karma

2. Enhanced Recovery Company
Current/Original Balance: $2*9 (Collections)
Opened Oct 2012
Date Reported Nov 2014

Now for the closed accounts

1. Cap One (Credit Card)
Sept 2008 (Closed) "No missed payments"??
Balance $0 (Charge-Off)

(Account type: other/unsecured)
May 2010 (Closed) "No missed payments"
Balance $273

My question is how should I resolve these accounts?
Do I first write a proof of debt letter to each of these people??? Do I risk getting my date "renewed" if I contact them by writing proof of debt letter?
From what I understand, these debts have at least been resold twice (Maybe once? lol)

Credit Sesame seem to be the only place that has no records of any of my accounts.
Why is that?

My credit score from Quizzle - Equifax is 522; Credit Sesame - Experian 641; Credit Karma - TransUnion 582

I'm not in a rush to fix my credit... It can take time. I just want the cheapest or easiest way possible. I've read lots of great successful credit repairs/deletion through this community and this is what finally motivated me to start.
I used to spend my Credit Card and Loans as if it were my pocket money. Took the girlfriend out almost everyday while I just paid double the minimum required. When I first had my credit card when I was about 19? 20?, I told myself there's no way I will spend more than half my credit limit. SOMEHOW (lol) I maxed out everything with a bunch of charges mostly under $30 at a time. Well that's my little story!

Please ask if you need any more info!

Most Helpful Response

Hey! The two collections: write a letter to the credit bureaus reporting to check the validity of the debt. It's usually better to write the credit bureaus when trying to get items removed, especially when they are inaccurate. If you were unable to have these items removed through this route; then contact the creditor. Try to negotiate a pay for delete agreement. Your goal is to try to get all traces of derrogatory marks removed completely off your report. It reflects better than having a paid off collections account.. They don't have to agree to delete it once you pay. 50/50 chance that they will. Try to be polite when doing so.