What information is needed to make a dispute to an issue on my credit report?
In the past I went to MMI. While attending I was using my GI Bill. When I filled out my paperwork apparently I signed a form allowing them to take a student lone out. I don't know why they did it but a student loan was pulled out on my behalf. I don't know why it was, I paid into my GI Bill with the kicker. But due to some circumstances I had to quick the school. I was never aware that a loan was pulled out and after two years I received a letter in the mail from a collection agency stating I had a student loan in default. I did some research and found the school pulled a loan out which they have no documentation on file notifying me of the loan and also of the repayment. All they could show was a loan was pulled out and my signature was not on any of the paperwork that was filled out for the loan. I was told the only way to get rid of it was to pay it off, which is what I did. However now I have a default showing on my credit report which is affecting my score. My question is about disputing the report which is a negative impact on my credit and having it completely removed. How can I go about doing it and what information do I need to use to help aid this process. And would I have to do it to each of the credit reporting agencies. On top of me doing research with the school I was told due to federal laws since the student loan was below a certain amount, when I quit they did not have to pay the loan back. The lady said they were allowed to keep it for the school. Further more they have no record of sending me any information in regards to the loan, that I had a loan or any repayment processes.