Question

1ten

What hppens if I apply for more than one credit card at the same time

Most Helpful Response

Also, if you are apping with the same cc company then it is possible that they may use the same HP

Nothing really, but do some reading on "Hard Inquiries" and the effects from them.

Depends on credit history

After suffering a major life meltdown (end of 20 year marriage, loss of career and loss of child, all within three years) my credit score went to hell and I abandoned all my credit cards.  After ten years of paying cash for everything, my credit history was blank.  None of my recent addresses appeared on any of the Big Three CRAs, but there were a lot of bogus addresses (some were places where my ex has lived, others were totally unfamiliar).

I applied for a secured credit card with my bank, and nurtured that tiny credit limit carefully for more than two years, as well as paying all bills on time (e.g. telephone and ISP).  I had a really good work year in 2016, so I had enough reserves to increase the secured card to the maximum allowed by my bank.  This helped my credit score a lot, as I was now able to keep all charges to the card at less than 10% of its limit.

I have a five year plan for boosting my credit scores as much as is possible.  See "What happens if I apply for several credit cards" in this forum for the reasons behind that five year goal and what happened when I did apply for a credit untion account, their premier credit card, a car loan and a whole bunch of ot other credit cards.

In short, if you have an excellet credit score, go for it.  Otherwise, if you are young, learn to be pateient.  Your past mistakes will eventually pass and with careful management, your scores will increase sufficiently to apply for additional credit over time.