Question

deerhunter1075

What can I do about unauthorized hard inquiries?
I went to purchase a vehicle, and was assured that my credit would only be ran one time. I later found out they had ran it four times, and confronted the dealership with it. He insisted that they only ran it once, and that there is supposedly a new "Federal Law" stating that with a car loan that only the first pull is a hard hit, and from there that they can pull it as many times as they want without it effecting the credit. I was told this yesterday by them, and I just double checked my credit, and there are 4 hard inquiries from them, causing my credit to drop drastically. Is there anything that I can do to fix this??

Most Helpful Response

There isn't a way to remove them if you allowed the dealership to pull your credit and signed the paperwork. It seems like all dealerships are doing it these days to find people the best interest rates or chance of approval. There isn't just one lender that dealership deals with anymore, but more like several including credit unions.