Question

deathadder9711

what are removed collections?
what does it mean by removed collections? I have a few items listed under this topic. does that mean that the debt is no longer reported? does it mean they have charged it off and wont contact me? Does anyone have an answer

"Removed Collections" is something on Credit Karma and not on your actual credit reports. What it does is show collection accounts that have been removed from your reports since you've had your Credit Karma account. Why the accounts have been removed is a mystery, they could have been removed because they have reached the seven year reporting period or they could have been sold to another collection company or it could be from something else, I have no way of telling you that. Just because things are removed from your reports it doesn't mean that a company cannot try to collect on a debt, so they may still contact you. You should check the "Statute Of Limitations" to be sued for debt in your state and if the debt is outside of that you could send the collection company a "Cease & Desist Letter" telling them to leave you alone. If you are harassed by any debt collector you could contact an attorney that handles FDCPA cases. FDCPA stands for "fair debt collection practices act". You should pull your reports directly from the credit bureaus to see what exactly they show. You are entitled to one free report each year from each credit bureau, check their websites to find out how to obtain it.

lindarenee

I just found a "recently removed collections" for the first time on my CK.  I disputed a collector back in 2010 and wrote to each of the credit bureaus explaining why I disputed it.  They agreed with me and responded that they would remove the mark on my credit.  But I see it now on my CK.  2010 is not exactly "recently removed."