Question

Haku1071

Upside down on loan
I'm $8k upside down on my car loan. The bank that financed this ridiculousness will not refinance. Nor will any other bank (understandably). I have tried to lease a new vehicle by rolling the negative into the lease however they will not roll that much. Do I have any other options (other than making additional principle payments when possible)?

Unfortunately, no there is not really any options here. The only thing you can do is get it paid down as fast as you can.

A new vehicle depreciates quickly. I would suggest looking at pre-owned vehicles.You'll still be on the hook for the $8000 on the other vehicle, but keeping a less expensive vehicle longer will help you get out of debt faster. Paying loan interest is wasted money every month.