Question

2gaincredcontrol

Unaware of C0-signing for student loans HELP!
My husband apparently took out student loans when we where living together in 07 without my knowledge. I was completely unaware that he had done this since he always told me he was in online classes. I find out 1 or 2yrs after in 2009-2010 about a loan when i received some calls from a debt agency saying i had co-signed.? I promise that never happened. I moved out in 2008 and have been struggling with him and a divorce for years now and My Credit report is reflecting 2 Student loans !!!!! Neither have never had a payment. What can I do?

Ask the debt agency to send proof, or copies, you signed the loan agreements. From there you can dispute the loans with the three credit reporting agencies.  Since you're still legally married, I'm not sure if the loans are considered a joint debt.  This issue needs to be brought up in your divorce proceedings.