Question

peggyannsisson

synchrony bank is ruining my credit. how do I stop this merry go round?
They own three of my credit cards. They have been dropping my credit limitsalmost monthly. The result is I continue to be close to my credit limita, bringing down my score. They are single handedly ruining my credit. What can I do?

What have you tried so far? Have you asked them WHY they're doing this? There must be a reason. If you speak to them and they're not going to restore your original credit limits, how about opening a card, or cards, with a 0% introductory rate, transferring your Synchrony balances to the new card(s), and leaving your Synchrony accounts idle.

Sounds like you have maxed out your accounts and is trying to limit their losses by lowering the Credit limit until they feel you won't skip out on paying of the accounts.

Seems like you are the one ruining your own credit  all by yourself.   Pay the Cards in Full each much and you won't have problems. 

jfairlady

Oh bull!!! You must work for them. I had very good credit until they came along, dropped all my limits to make me LOOK maxed out-- and then once you pay off a card, they close it-- making it even worse for your credit. They suck and they should be taken to court. The single handendly ruined my credit in a matter of months!