Question

Naynay042480

Student loans under forebearance hurting my credit!
My student loans that are under forebearance are currently listed as late/past due 120+ days and they are impacting my credit score drastically.. Is there any way I can get this off my report? The student loan company has confirmed payments were not late but said they already reported these items to the credit agencies and will not send a correction..

Can I send the document proof showing I was under forebearance for this time frame and will the credit agencies remove these negative marks from my credit score???

Anyone w/ answers re SL forebearance

Hello,

I'm in same situation. I got a 3 month forbearance after medical problems. My score dropped 75 points when they reported "in forebearance". Anyone w/ similiar knowledge, experience, or guidance would be very much appreciated by me. Thnx!!

Student Loan Forbearance drop score 75

Still hoping for some replies of others that have been through similiar circumstances. When I was approved for a temporary Student Loans Forebearance, I had no idea it would show up on my report in such a negative manner. Enough to drop it 75 points overnight. So, once I start paying again, will the negative consequences still show up or will the new timely payment negate the temporary forebearance? Is there anyway to have my SL holding company ammend this or too late? Please, any advice much appreciated. My score was 750's and dropped to 660's range. 

1 more question. I am receiving an offer from a 3rd company who will buy out my 7 loans and then I make 1 payment to them. This could hurt in that if I decrease my open accounts that drastically, my score would drop according to CK scales. Also, if I go w/ 3rd company and then later on down the road cease to pay for whatever reason {loss of job, medical, etc..) will the fact that a non-government entity owns my loans keep the goverment from putting liens on home or garnishments? I understand I would still have to deal with that 1 company who combined my loans, but would that save me from government recourse such as IRS, etc.. Thanks so much!!