Question

andriss

Student loans regarding write off
Because I am disabled, The Student Loan (NelNet) has actually sent me a letter stating that they will close out my account, unless Social Security deems me as working in the next 5 years, so the letter states that periodically they will review my Student loan to see if I am working, which I can't, but it shows that I am 3 months late on my student loan which is dragging my score down.

I got the disability discharge and, frankly, was not carinig about the credit rating since the student loans themselves are a downer.  Why? They remain collectable indefinitely.  If you can get the discharge, go for it.   I was more than 3 months in arrears and those lates will, like any other account, remain on the credit report for 7 years.   Then my credit score will raise.  I can wait it out.