Question

sigd09

Student loan questions
So, I have a few loans that I have been working to save up and be able to offer a lump sum because I don't want to have to deal with almost paying off my loan, and them sell it to another company just to start over. Is there another way of preventing this from happening, my accounts being sold to another collection agency? It's so ridiculous that I almost get something paid off, and boom, I have another 3-5 years with the SAME loan. **The loan is actually my husband's loan, not mine, but I have some that I want to work on and take care of, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen.** Any advice?

Student loans do not get recalculated when they get transferred to another loan servicer,.And they are one of the few loans that you cannot offer a lump sum settlement on, unless you are paying the full remaining amount of the loan at one time in lieu of making monthly payments.  I tried that, to no avail.  Student loans remain collectable until paid in full, no matter how long it takes.  Just keep paying on them every month until they are gone.  That is the only logical way to deal with them.