Question

HighInterestLoan

Student loan private vs not
I have a student loan with a high interest rate (6.5% !!! with 1000s left to repay). I would like a lower rate and credit karma suggests I have a private loan but when I got to my loan site it is a DOE unsubsidized direct consolidated loan. Am I eligible for a lower rate or am I stuck with the consolidated rate?

See below for more info.
I hope you can help,
HighInterestLoan

Credit karma says "Refinance Your Private Student Loan
You appear to be overpaying for your Private Student Loan. Based your loan profile and offers available to you, you can refinance to a lower APR and save."

HOWEVER I have a "U.S. Department of Education-owned Loans:
you have federal student loans owned by the U.S. Department of Education, and OSLA provides customer service (processes your payments, answers questions, etc.) regarding those loans." It is actually a Direct Loan. Loan Type DIRECT CONSOL
Interest Subsidy Unsubsidized Lender Name CONSOLIDATED DIRECT LOANS