Question

Dantana2000

Student Condolidation Loan Payback vs Rehabilitation
I have a student loan in default. I've been doing some research on some options that I have. There is a rehabilitation program that removes the default once you make 9 out of 10 payments. The payments can be quite high though. The other method is a consolidation loan, which can be even paid over a 10 year period.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am looking for the avenue that will help my credit the greatest. From what I can gather, the rehab program would be the most beneficial to my credit. Would this be accurate to say?

If you are concerned more about your credit scores, then yes, do the rehabilitation and not the consolidation.

Dantana2000

Thanks for the answer.