Question

majestic420

some one stole my wallet with my id an social security card
some stole my wallet an it had my id an my social security card in it I think maybe I am a victim of fraud

Most Helpful Response

You think?

You have a long road ahead of you. First thing is to contact all of the credit bureaus and place fraud alerts on your SSN. Call the Social Security Office and let them know and ask for specific advice regarding obtaining a replacement card.

'Join' all of the credit bureau sites and monitor all activity in your credit file and dispute anything that shows up that you did not do yourself.

You may need the assistance of a company that specialized in identity theft. Did you have any credit cards with ID Theft protection on it?

jwsister

I hope you also notified the police.  In the future DO NOT CARRY YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD WITH YOU!!! You only need it a few times in your llife but that number is a gold mine to a thief.  Keep you card in a safe at home.  Those safes are not expensive and can save you so much grief.

My wallet stolen.

I need to know how to lock down my three credit score to prevent criminal activity.