Question

adh0012

Should I pay off my remaining $2800 student loan before applying for my second Credit Card?
I am wanting to apply for the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. I have one credit card (do not carry a balance) and I have $2800 left on student loan debt. Should I apply for the AMEX credit card now or wait until my student loan is paid off? FYI, Credit Carma has my score at 757 and I have been "pre-approved" for the AMEX card. I have about 2 years of credit history.

Since student loans remain a definite "must pay" on your credit reports until they are paid off, don't you think it would be smart to get that albatross off your neck by paying it off, then proceeding with life.  You will find things much better once you are done with student loans.