Question

tinsable

Should I pay off collections accounts, or does paying them reset the time they stay on my report?
I'm trying to improve my score, as rapidly as I can. I have the money to pay off some of these collections, but I'm confused because I heard that paying them can potentially make them WORSE. The reason given to me is that these collections are several years old, and if I were to pay them, they would renew on my report and still be derogatory and not help my score...plus of course being out my cash and achieving nothing. Can someone please give me final firm and measurable advice? Thanks~