Should I Cancel My Paid Off Cards?
I plan on having all of my credit cards paid off within the next week. As a result, I'll have four cards with a combined credit limit of $9600. I want to consolidate down to one card. My Experian score is 695. CK scores me a 648.

I don't want to keep all four cards. It's a liability to me. My oldest card in the group is from USAA, which is the bank I'd like to stay with. Unfortunately it's also the one with the lowest credit limit: $500. I feel like if I cancel the other three, I will have a better chance of being approved because I won't have as much credit open to extend. On the other hand, I'm worried that I won't get approved for a new card from USAA, and then I'll only have $500 of available credit. Do I stand a better chance of approval if I apply while leaving the other accounts open?