Should I cancel a card under my parents account and lose the "history?"
I am only 32, but my parents have me as a card user on their account (I used it in teen and early 20s years, they still use it). The account for me is 20+ years old. CK warns that the credit limit and such for that card isn't reported. I think I should cancel the account so I have no ties to my parents and their credit. Will this hurt my credit score if I have my parents take me off their account? Also, is there any way to "fix" old canceled cards from being on your account - or do they go away after some time or are they forever?