Save and pay a large chunk towards my credit card debt, or pay month to month as much as I can?
I have a credit card with a $5,500 balance and 19.25% APR. Minimum payment is $165 per month. Unfortunately, there's a monthly charge of about $100 for a pension program I'm enrolled in. Every month, I pay $200 towards the credit card debt, but with the $100 charge and about $100 in interest, it won't drop under $5,500. After paying off other debt, I can set aside and extra $300 per month now on top of the $200 of minimum payment.

I am wondering whether I should save a large chunk (say, $1000) before posting it against my card debt, or I should immediately start paying $500 instead of $200 every month. Which method will help me save more?

Thank you!