returned to the US after 6 years to find accounts in collection
Hello everybody. Long story short l. I left the US (Florida) around May 2009 and have just returned in Dec 2014. I left credit cards unpaid when I left due to x hardships  and recently went online to check my credit and I have 3 accounts in collections for amounts higher than my credit cards limits back on 2009. Is that normal? The company that bougtht my debt is midland funding llc and the dates on the credit report are from 2011 and 2013 which I also dont understand since last time I payed was 2009 and I was reading that 2009 is the date that counts when waiting for the 7.5 years to make it "go away".... anyway I was also thinking about paying the accounts in collection and start anew since I moved back to the US for good and I would like to not owe money to anybody..... but a couple people have mentioned that the 7.5 years will be up next year and this and that and I have also been reading that it wont help my credit score but hurt it and there are so many mixed reviews so I was wondering if you guys could share your knowledge in the subject and advise me what to do. I have also been reading about re aging debts and theres also mixed reviews saying that if you contact the collection agency to try to settle the clock starts again on those 7 years... and some other people say that making a paymemt is the only action that resets the clock so I dont know what to do... I am 26 years old and I wish I hadnt left those cards unpaid but I went through a lot and decided to leave the country for a while and just happed to have to come back.  I know x hardships are no excuse to have done that but its done and I am now looking for solutions.