Question

Showtimenyc

Removing a settled judgement from your credit report that was settled 2 years ago?
I am looking to purchase a home. My credit score is 660. I was already pre-approved for an FHA loan and a New York SONYMA loan. However, the SONYMA program requires that I have 2 years of good credit history. I have an old judgement on my report that I settled exactly 2 years ago as well as a collection that was paid in full exactly 2 years ago. The collection was due to me switching cell phone carriers prior to the 2 year contract, thus hitting me with a fine. I received notification via mail, but do to me doing some home improvements in my current place i lost the notification. I received a call from the cell phone company asking that I pay the fine. I informed the rep that I would be glad to pay it but I needed a couple of days. The rep stated that I needed to pay it right away or it would go into collections. Sure enough it did, and when I received the collection notice I paid the balance in full. However, now it is giving me a small problem with my current mortgage application. The bank stated the SONYMA might have an issue since it is still within the two year period. The rep recommended that I have the collection and the settled judgement removed from my credit report, or at the very least the collection. I called the collection agency and explained the situation. The rep told me to fax over a copy of my credit report along with a letter. I did just that but I have not heard from them. I tried calling their administration department but I just get a busy signal. My question is, is there any other way to have these removed from my credit report?