Question

FirstWorldProblems

Remove an account that wont update?
Long story short, I had a joint CC account with my parents back in high school/college so I would have an emergency fund If my car broke down or something happened and I suddenly needed to pay for something. I Joined Credit Karma in April and noticed that this account is now at 89% utilization, the highest on my account by a good amount.
I contacted my parents and had myself removed from the account as a user, so the account has stopped updating on Credit Karma, it hasn't updated since April when I noticed the issue, but the problem is that the account still appears on my account with the crazy utilization rate.

How would I go about getting this card removed completely? I'm trying to get my debt ratio way down, and recently paid off one of my cards, but this card is stopping all my work from actually showing. Its frustrating.