Puerto Rico Credit Score vs US credit score
I'm in the military stationed in the reserves in puerto rico, right now i have a security clearance, and i've never made a loan or a had a credit card since i started and graduated college.

I'm looking information to get myself on track, i'm interested in purchasing a walk up apartment which costs $97,000. Right now i have an old university account with popular bank with only a debit card and ath, and i recently made a usaa account to start growing my savings for a downpayment.

Ok here's the thing, my buddy tells me credit here in puerto rico and in the states is completely different, so if you have good credit here, in the states you'll have to start from scratch and vice versa. I've been educating myself on secure cards, but i'm not sure wether to get a card from usaa or popular bank.

If it helps, as honest as i can be, i have ZERO debts, i'm in no one pockets, i don't owe to any bank, the only thing i'm paying is half the bill of my cellphone on a family account and gas that's all. I'm not a party guy and i'm not the wild spending guy, i took the finance class when i enlisted and learned a lot of info so i took it serious.

what are your thoughts?

for the moment sadly i'm unemployed, but i the budget that i've saved from the reserve job is a lot to help me till i get hired from the long list of jobs i applied here in puerto rico. Also i'm not married and neither have any kids of medical expenses.