Question

Emily92407

please help! very poor credit score, need advice to improve
I have just recently started paying attention to my credit and credit score, in the past I was not at all responsible with money, or really in general. I have realized that this was an awful thing to do, but now I am feeling quite hopeless in I dont have any idea where to start. I have a monthly budget and am learning to be responsible with my money. i currently have very poor credit and 7 collections accounts on my credit report. Where do I start? It is awful and embarrassing, and as a parent I do not want my child to grow up and do the same. I have made an appointment with my local consumer credit counseling services. I guess to summarize
where do I start with paying down debt?
how can i get positive marks on my score, and get it to a place where it is sorted out?
how do you negotiate an amount due?
is there any other options to get positive feedback besides something like a secured credit card?
I own my own home outright, a family member left it to me, I just pay the taxes. Is there any way that this asset can benefit me at all?
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to say that as much as you do not want to get an secured card, that seems to be your only option right now. I agree with the previous comment that you do not need to pay anyone to fix your credit. All you need is a little patience and knowlegde and the money that you will pay someone to fix your credit, you can use that money to repay some of the debt that you have. Please note that it will take time as there is no easy fix but it is possible. As far as your collections you can try to work out a settlement and/or a pay for delete. Also you may want to try paying the lowest of the debts first and then work your way to the larger debt. Hope this helps!!

Start reading!!! The internet is full of info on how to improve your credit. Take as much time as you need to read everything that you can on credit. That is how it begins. Once you have gained the knowledge needed, then you are ready to take action. Also I am sorry, but you will need to start with SECURED cards to get some positive info on your reports. Capital One has a two hundred dollar one, so that isn't too terrible. For any specific questions, please only ask one at a time, it would take a book to answer everything that you are asking here. P.S. Assets do not matter with your credit. You do not have to hire a company to fix your credit, with some reading you can do it yourself.

Give these guys a call 1  877  235  0324  Credit Pro's they can help.