Question

lupica747

On Aug 6 my Credit Score was 705. On Aug 8 my Credit Score was 639. What Happened???
The only thing that was abnormal in July was that I had a higher than normal credit card bill (still nowhere near the limit of my credit line). The email summary from Credit Karma dated Aug 6 said my score was 705. The when I checked on the 8th it was 639. I have no dings on past payments and otherwise nothing was different.

So what the heck happened?

Your higher than normal credit card charge probably  caused your credit utilization to increase significantly. As you pay that off, even if in one payment this month, your credit score will return to normal.