Question

zack789

Need help rebuilding credit from 480 to high 600
I recently leased a car and after that got laid off from my job. I wasn't able to make payments and my credit score dropped drastically. Lucky for me the lease company was willing to take the car back with no penalty but my credit score is still hurting in the low 480's. I really need help and some advice in how to rebuild my credit.
I have 1 auto loan with a balance of 6280, 3 credit cards (NFCU-2973/3000, Capital One-303/300, and credit one-303/300) I also have a line of credit that's topped out at it 's credit limit of 1500. I want to build it up but don't know where to start.

First thing that you need to do is to work to get the cards paid down. Do whatever you have to do, extra hours at work, second job, sell things you don't need, set a budget, etc. By paying down your debt it will help your scores. In the meantime while you are working on that, spend an hour a day reading about credit and in a couple of months you will have a very good knowledge.