Question

chocolatecookie

My report now shows an inquiry from February. I didn't authorize any. What is best thing to do?
1. How do I find out who did the inquiry.
2. How do I remove this inquiry?

Tough one

Generally, inquiries can't be removed.  Even if they weren't authorized by you, it's still a running list of companies that have accessed your credit report.  This is incredibly important for the credit reporting agencies to keep accurate.  There are basically 2 reasons that an inquiry hits without you authorizing it.

1.  Do you have anything in collections?   It could be a debt collector pulling your credit to determine your ability to repay a debt.  Your permission is not needed for this type of pull.

2.  You may have fraud going on.  Someone attempting to use your information with the hopes of obtaining credit.  I'd absolutely write a letter to each of the credit reporting agencies letting them know of this.