Question

Saturday100

my mortgage is not listed. How do I claim it?
I have been making mortgage payments for three years but my mortgage company is not listed on my credit report. I understand there is a way to "claim" it?

Most Helpful Response

Mortgage Not Listed

Mortgages will not always show up on credit reports, despite being an important way for many people to build good credit. Mortgages are long-term loans used to purchase real estate. These loans are typically paid in biweekly or monthly installments over a specified number of years, and someone who has a mortgage that is not being reported to a credit bureau may have trouble obtaining another mortgage loan in the future. Generally, a bank or company with an active mortgage account will immediately report the loan to at least one major credit bureau and continue to give the bureau information about how the loan is being repaid until the mortgage is paid off. However, in some cases, an error occurs between the mortgage holder and the credit reporting agency. An incorrect social security number or name due to a typographical or computer error can result in a mortgage not being listed on the borrower's credit report. If the mortgage account is not being reported to the borrower's credit bureau due to a clerical error, the borrower can notify the mortgage company of the error and ask the lender to start reporting the loan to the credit agencies. The lender has 30 days to respond to this request. A borrower can also contact the major credit bureaus and request the mortgage account be added to his credit report.