Question

corlie

My home taxes are included in mortgage payment. is it better not to include for credit rating?
My home taxes are paid through my mortgage lender for convenience versus my paying from a savings account annually. I took note that the $4,000 in taxes is included on this credit report showing a 7.7% interest rate -- which is incorrect for my mortgage. Your formula is including my home tax payment.

Therefore, my question to you is it better to pay my taxes separate and not have it shown combined with my mortgage? Since it is currently shows being 37% -- this shows I am paying too much for my mortgage and can possibly be lowering my credit score.

The credit also does not reflect my savings of approximately $70K. Does this fact also lower my credit score by not having it reflected?

Please Advise.