Question

Memy2013

My credit score is 626 what kind of apr am I looking at for a car loan of 20,000 with 10, 0000 down

Most Helpful Response

It depends on a lot of other factors as well (like your income, mortgage/rent payment, and other debt obligations).  It also varies wildly depending on if it is a new or used vehicle, how old the used vehicle is and how many miles it has on it.  You will always get lower rates on new vehicles in my experience.

I am a big fan of using local credit unions.  You can call a loan officer at one, or at a place you currently bank and ask what the market rate is for your credit score range (If they say they can't tell you until running your credit just ask them for a range, that has worked for me).

Let me add to what was said: most auto lenders use a version of FICO scores, not the scores that you get here.