Question

LuLacy

My CC applications have been denied for "NO CREDIT FILE", even for bad credit, why is this?
Every application for credit cards I have filed have been denied for the same reason, "No Credit File". I don't understand this. It says my credit score is 549 I believe. I know I have bad credit that is over 7 years old. But why isn't it on "FILE"? And how do I fix this?

Hi LuLacy,

Information typically falls off your credit report after seven years. If there's no data on your report, lenders won't have enough information to make a decision to lend you credit. They want to see that you have a recent history of making ontime payments.

You may want to start out by getting a secured credit card. This is where you put down a deposit through the card issuer. You can find more information about secured credit cards here on Credit Karma.