Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
Medical Billing and Credit Reporting
I recently received a medical bill for my 11 year old son. I contacted the company and asked to make payment arrangements due to the fact I am disabled and unable to pay the full amount. I was told I would have to have the bill paid off in full by June or it will be sent to collections. I explained there is no way I would be able to pay it in full but I will be more than happy to pay $10 a month as that is all I can afford. I was always under the impression if you make payments the company could no report it for non payment. Are they allowed to do this? I was injured by a drunk driver many years ago that left me disabled. I never got one penny from the person that hit me and to this day owe over $100K in medical bills. I've tried paying what I can but they all went on my credit and completely ruined my credit history.

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.