Question

MiLuck

length of loan help
Will it help or hurt my credit to pay off my student loan? It's currently my longest item of credit history by a couple years. I have the money to pay it off today and I thought I should since it is still gaining interest but that will drop my length of open credit to 5 years. I've never missed a payment, my history on the loan is excellent. Thanks for any advice.

If you have the money to pay the loans off right noiw, I recommend doing so.  Student loans are not like revolving charge acounts so they are just a debt that must be repaid, and would remain collectabe until paid in full.

Please re-read the articles here so you can better understand what does and does not help your credit.

on Monday find out what the balance is to pay in ful and do it.   PAY IT OFF. 

You are Young you AAoA's will grow over time.