Question

LaDonnaMaria

It says that I tried for a mortgage in 10/2015. Impossible! My husband died in 10/2015. Help!
My husband and I were long time renters. We were in our rental home without considering a move. One of the things that highly disturbed me is that it says that I/We (I don't know which) applied for a mortgage in October 2015. I didn't apply for a mortgage and my husband was too ill to apply for anything. In fact, he died in October 2015! Is someone out there trying to steal my/his identity. This disturbs me mightily, I don't know how to fix it, or how to get my credit score. Can somebody please help me? I simply am flummoxed and don't know how to proceed or what to do. Please help me, Credit Karma!

Was this information on a Security Question when setting up your account here? If so, don't worry, the security questions often have incorrect info. If you see an Inquiry on your actual credit reports for this, then you may need to check into it. You said that Credit Karma does not have a credit report for you, have you used credit in the recent years that was reported to Equifax or Transunion? If not, you may not have a credit report. You are entitled to a free credit report each year from the credit bureaus, you can get them at annualcreditreport. Check out the websites of Transunion, Equifax and Experian for more info. Even if there is an inquiry on your reports it could be there in error, error happen often, but I think all you are dealing with here is Security Question nonsense, very typical for confusion on here.