Question

KarenE414

Isn't credit utilization, as a metric, a little old fashioned?
My "debt utilization" ratio is in the "good" category. However, I simply use my credit card to pay for everything (as probably does most of the nation). The difference is that I pay 100% of it off every month... on time. It seems that that is a distinguishing factor so isn't raw credit utilization a reflection of a time when checks and cash were more widely used, so that credit cards were really credit? Now credit cards are a way to earn points, protection for purchases, fraud alert, etc.