Question

kaichr1995

Is there anyway out of a co-sign on a vehicle without bankruptcy?
I am 22 years old and I co-signed on a vehicle with my ex boyfriend, I was one month postpartum and definitely not thinking straight!
We got the vehicle and then had SO many problems with it in just the first week. So about two weeks having it went to a different dealership (where they also lied to sell us a car) they told us to go and take the vehicle back to the lot and leave it. So we did.
Now the bank is coming after me, and not him for the loan back and wanting it in full. I do not have the money for that so I am unable to pay it and he just doesn't even care and is ignoring it.
So my question is: is there any way to remove myself for this?
And when the car was left there and sold again shouldn't that money be deducted from what me we owe?